Clothing envelops your baby, it warms and protects the delicate body. At Waldorfshop you will find a constantly growing range of baby clothing made from natural materials such as wool, silk and organic cotton, which will accompany your child comfortably and cosily in the first months and years.
- Baby cap wool /silk natureHocosa | Baby cap wool /silk | nature | from 0 years With ribbonIn stockEUR 10.50 *
- -48 %Baby cap, cashmerePure Pure | Baby Cap, Cashmere | Schute | Merino | Cashmere | BargeIn stockRRP EUR 33.00EUR 17.00 *
- Long sleeve bodysuit fuchsiaHocosa | long sleeve bodysuit | fuchsia | merino wool/silk | size 62 - 92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 26.00 *
- Baby bandanaPure Pure | Baby Scarf | Triangle Scarf | 100 % Merino Wool 100 % merino woolIn stockEUR 18.00 *
- -45 %Baby trousersPure Pure | Baby Trousers | Sizes: 80, 86 Cotton/LinenIn stockRRP EUR 29.00EUR 16.00 *
- -43 %Baby Fleece Hat with Ribbonpure pure | baby hat fleece with ribbon | merino wool kbT | organic cotton Wool/CottonIn stockRRP EUR 29.90EUR 17.00 *
- Long sleeve bodysuit olive greenHocosa | Baby Body Long Sleeve | Olive Green | Wool/Silk | Sizes 62 - 92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 27.00 *
- Baby Long Sleeve Shirt olive greenHocosa | Baby Long Sleeve Shirt | olive green | Wool/Silk | 62-92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 22.40 *
- -48 %Baby mittens with ribbonPure Pure | Baby Mittens with Band | 100% Wool (Merino) kbT 100% wool (merino) kbTIn stockRRP EUR 25.00EUR 13.00 *
- Baby Long Sleeve Shirt Ruby RedHocosa | Baby Long Sleeve Shirt | ruby red | 70 % wool/30 % silk | 62-92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 24.00 *
- Baby cap wool/silk ruby redHocosa | Baby cap wool/silk | ruby red | from 0 years With ribbonIn stockEUR 10.50 *
- Long sleeve bodysuit sea blueHocosa | Long Sleeve Bodysuit | Sea Blue | Merino Wool/Silk | Sizes 62 - 92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 26.00 *
- Baby Leggings olive greenHocosa | Baby Leggings olive green | Wool silk | Olive green 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 26.00 *
- Baby leggings sea blueHocosa | Baby Leggings | sea blue | 70 % wool/30 % silk 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 24.50 *
- Long sleeve bodysuit fuchsia/sea blueHocosa | Baby Body Long Sleeve | fuchsia/blue | wool/silk | 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 27.00 *
- Baby long sleeve shirt sea blueHocosa | Baby Long Sleeve Shirt | Wool/Silk | Sea Blue | 62-92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 21.50 *
- -47 %Baby romper suitPure Pure | Baby Romper RomperIn stockRRP EUR 37.50EUR 20.00 *
- -48 %Wool Fleece Baby ShoesPure Pure | Baby Fleece Shoes | Footies | 100 % Merino Wool FootiesIn stockRRP EUR 25.00EUR 13.00 *
- -41 %Baby Cardigan, AlpacaPure Pure | baby jacket, alpaca | grey/slate | wooden button 50 % alpaca, 50 % merino woolIn stockRRP EUR 74.00EUR 44.00 *
- Baby long sleeve shirt fuchsia/sea blueHocosa | Baby Long Sleeve Shirt | fuchsia/sea blue | wool/silk | 62-92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 21.50 *
- Baby leggings fuchsiaHocosa | Baby leggings | 70% wool, 30% silk | fuchsia 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 24.50 *
- Long sleeve bodysuit ruby redHocosa | long sleeve bodysuit | ruby red | wool/silk | size 62 - 92 70 % wool, 30 % silkIn stockEUR 27.00 *
Baby fashion in Waldorfshop
From the moment of birth, a newborn baby has to regulate its own body heat. Suitable baby clothing helps your child to ensure that it is neither too hot nor too cold. Ideally, the clothing wraps itself around the child like a second skin. The baby fashion should above all convince with wonderfully soft fabrics and practical cuts and also offer newborns, babies and toddlers enough freedom of movement.
Baby clothes made of natural materials such as wool, silk and organic cotton, i.e. soft fabrics in stretchy quality, are ideal here. Baby clothes made of synthetic fibres make newborns and toddlers sweat at high temperatures and do not absorb the sweat. This has a detrimental effect on the children's heat balance! They do not provide lasting warmth in cold temperatures. In addition, baby clothes made of synthetic fibres are often produced using harmful substances and under unfair conditions. Wool/silk is a particularly fine blend of materials that is suitable for the whole year. It cools in summer thanks to the silk and warms in winter thanks to the virgin wool.
At Waldorfshop, we carefully select the manufacturers with whom we work! We buy baby clothes from Pure Pure and Hocosa, among others. In the spirit of Waldorf education and the sensory teachings of Rudolf Steiner, we do not use flashy prints and garish colours in our baby clothes. We are also happy to have found Pure Pure and Hocosa, manufacturers who offer gender-open baby clothes.
Pure Pure by Bauer - baby clothes that make you feel good
The baby clothes by Pure Pure are made of 100% natural fibres and are mainly produced in Germany, Italy and Lithuania. Pure Pure by Bauer produces according to the GOTS standard and stands for a respectful treatment of resources and fellow human beings.
You can find Pure Pure hats, rompers, scarves, cardigans, mittens and trousers for babies and toddlers online.
Hocosa - Underwear made of wool/silk
The Hocosa company from Switzerland produces underwear made of silk, wool and cotton from organically controlled cultivation (cotton kbA) or organically controlled animal husbandry (wool kbT). Care is taken to ensure that all processes are environmentally friendly. Hocosa clothing is produced according to the GOTS standard (Global Organic Textile Standard) and bears the IVN-BEST seal (International Association of the Natural Textile Industry e. V.).
At Waldorfshop you can find underwear made of wool and wool/silk as well as leggings, long-sleeved shirts and bodysuits by Hocosa online for your children.
Must haves - clothing for newborns?
On the internet you can find a lot of information about the amount of clothes a newborn baby needs. If you dress your child with baby clothes made of natural materials, you don't have to wash as much, often just airing the clothes is enough. In the following you will find our recommendation for the baby's first outfit. The sizes are of course slightly different, depending on the individual development of the child. We recommend that you already get clothes for the next size up, because the transition is often a smooth one and some baby clothes also turn out differently. Depending on whether your baby is a summer or winter child, he or she will of course need rather light, short-sleeved or warm, long-sleeved clothes. Therefore, any checklist you find on the internet can only be a suggestion, an inspiration. You know best what your child needs!
Bodysuits are ideal because they warm the baby's whole upper body without slipping. Babies keep the temperature best in wool-silk bodysuits. For newborns, the sleeves on the bodysuit should be long and only have short sleeves in the very warm height of summer. Rompers with feet fit more comfortably than trousers because they don't constrict anything and keep your baby warm. Newborns lose most of their heat through their heads, so children should wear a hat in the first days and weeks after birth. In addition to the head, the feet should not get cold either - socks are just as important as hats in the first few weeks. When babies are a bit bigger and move around more, rompers are sometimes a bit impractical. That's when it's good to have some leggings or tights with a soft, wide waistband.
By the way, you can test whether your baby is dressed too cold or too warm in three easy steps: Are the hands cold or sweaty? Are the feet cold or sweaty? Is the neck area cold or sweaty?
Checklist for the first outfit
4 bodysuits in size 50/56
6 bodysuits in size 62
6 shirts or thin sweaters/sweatshirts (autumn/winter)
6 rompers or trousers
2 - 3 hats in size 35 and size 37
2 - 3 baby jackets
3 pairs each of thin & thick socks in size 15/16
10 muslin nappies (they are really good for all kinds of things - spit-up cloth, underlay, thin blanket...)
2 sleep overalls
2 - 3 leggings or tights
2 sleeping bags for the night
Size charts to help you can be found on the internet!
On our blog waldorfkind you will find articles with inspiration and information on baby-related topics.
In addition to beautiful baby clothes, you can also discover great products for your child in the categories baby toys, baby food, baby equipment and baby care. And in the category gifts you will find wonderful ideas for a great baby gift.
Have fun browsing at Waldorfshop!