Terms and conditions
Standard Business Terms and customer information
I. Standard business terms
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier (Universnatur GmbH) via the www.waldorfshop.eu website. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
(2) A ‘consumer’ in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities. The term ‘businessman’ refers to every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products .
We sell the product under our own name on behalf of others, i.e. for an external party that owns the product in question. In this regard, we play the role of a partial or total commission agent. In spite of that, we are a contractual partner who enjoys all the respective rights and is subject to all the respective responsibilities.
(2) As soon as you place the respective product on our website, we shall submit to you a binding offer to conclude a contract via the online shopping cart system under the conditions specified in the item description.
(3) The purchase agreement takes place via the online shopping cart system as follows:
The products intended for purchase are moved to the "shopping cart". You can select the shopping cart using the appropriate buttons on the navigation bar and make changes there at any time.
After accessing the "Checkout" page and entering your personal data as well as the payment and shipping conditions, you are finally shown the order data again as an order overview.
Before submitting the order, you have the option once more to review or change (you may also use the "Back" button on your web browser) any information on the order summary page, or to cancel the purchase.
By sending the order via the corresponding button ("order with obligation to pay", "buy" / "buy now", "order with obligation to pay", "pay" / "pay now" or similar designation) you declare the legally binding acceptance of the offer, whereby the contract is concluded.
(4) You are not bound by your enquiries regarding the creation of an offer that have been conveyed to us. We supply you with a textual and binding offer (e.g. via e-mail), which you can accept within a period of 5 days.
(5) The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one, and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by a SPAM filter.
§ 3 Contract duration / Cancellation in case of subscription contracts
(1) The subscription contract concluded between you and us has the term specified in the respective offer. A basic term of more than 2 years cannot be agreed.
(2) The contract ends automatically when the term expires; a notice of termination is not required.
(3) The right to terminate the contract without notice for important reasons remains unaffected.
(4) Any notice of termination must be declared and transmitted either in text form (e.g. e-mail) or via the cancellation button integrated on our Internet presence ("Cancel contracts here" or similar designation).
§ 4 Special agreements related to the offered payment methods
(1) Validity check
If we pay in advance, e.g. when paying an invoice or a debit note, your data will be forwarded to CRIF Bürgel GmbH, Leopoldstraße 244, 80807 München, for a validity check using a mathematical-statistic process in order to safeguard our authorised interests. We reserve the right to reject the mode of payment of an invoice or debit note on the basis of the results of the validity check.
(2) Payment by SOFORT / Immediate transfer
If you choose the payment method Sofort / immediate transfer, the payment will be processed by the payment service provider Sofort GmbH (Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, Germany; "SOFORT"). Sofort GmbH is a company of the Klarna Group (Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden). In order to use the SOFORT payment method, you are required to have an online banking account that has been activated for this purpose. In the course of the payment process as part of the order, you must legitimise yourself accordingly and confirm the payment order to SOFORT. Your bank account will be debited immediately after the order has been placed. You can find more information about SOFORT at https://www.klarna.com/sofort/.
(3) Purchase via debit note using Novalnet
If the purchase is being made via Novalnet AG (with regard to services offered in Germany and Austria), the payment amount immediately becomes payable via collection from the cheque account that was specified during the ordering process and which is associated with the specified credit institution (the cheque account). You hereby revocably authorise Novalnet AG to use a debit note to collect, at the expense of the cheque account in question, the payments that are to be made by you vis-à-vis the purchase process associated with a debit note. If the cheque account does not possess the required covering funds, the credit institution maintaining the account is not subject to a payment obligation. Partial payments cannot be made within the framework of the direct debit scheme.
By specifying the cheque account, you confirm that you are entitled to carry out direct debit operations vis-à-vis the cheque account in question. Return debit notes are, from our point of view and the point of view of Novalnet AG, associated with significant amounts of efforts and high costs. In a situation involving a return debit note (in the absence of the required covering funds in the cheque account, on account of the expiry of the cheque account, or an objection raised by the account-holder or improperly-transferred account data), you are obligated to pay a processing fee amounting to the sum of 7.50 euros for each return debit note. You have the option of producing evidence to show that the return debit note resulted in lower costs, or that it did not result in any costs at all. Further-reaching claims shall remain reserved. In view of the efforts and costs associated with return debit notes, and in order to avoid having to pay the processing fee, you are requested to not contradict the debit note in a situation involving a revocation, a withdrawal from the purchase contract, a return delivery or a reclamation. In such a situation, after an agreement has been reached with us, a reverse transaction takes place for the payment, and this occurs via a credit note or the refunding of the corresponding amount.
(4) SEPA direct debit
When paying by SEPA direct debit, you authorize us by issuing a corresponding SEPA mandate to collect the invoice amount from the specified account.The debit note is collected within a period of 1-2 days after the conclusion of the contract.
The deadline for the sending of the pre-notification has been shortened to 5 days before the due date. You are obligated to ensure that the account in question possesses sufficient covering funds on the due date. If a return debit note comes into play on account of a situation in which you defaulted on your obligation, you have to pay the incidental bank charge.
(5) Payment via "PayPal" / "PayPal Checkout"
If you select a payment method offered via "PayPal" / "PayPal Checkout", the payment will be processed via the payment service provider PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg; "PayPal"). The individual payment methods via "PayPal" will be displayed to you under a correspondingly designated button on our Internet presence as well as in the online ordering process. "PayPal" may use other payment services for payment processing; if special payment conditions apply, you will be informed of these separately. You can find more information on "PayPal" at https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full.
§ 5 Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
(3) If you are a businessman, the following conditions also apply:
a) We retain ownership of the goods until all the claims arising from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. The goods subject to retention of title may not be pledged or transferred by way of security before ownership of the said goods changes hands.
b) You can re-sell the goods within the framework of an orderly transaction. In this regard, you hereby cede all the claims amounting to the magnitude of the billing amount that accrue to you as a result of the re-selling operation to us, and we accept the cession. Furthermore, you are authorised to collect the claim in question. However, insofar as you do not discharge your payment obligations in an orderly fashion, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
c) In a situation involving the combination and amalgamation of the goods subject to retention of title, we acquire co-ownership of the newly-formed item. This co-ownership corresponds to the ratio that exists between the invoice value of the goods subject to retention of title and the other processed items at the time of processing.
d) If you make a request of this nature, we shall be obligated to release the securities that are due to us, to the extent that the realisable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
§ 6 Warranty
(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.
(2) As a consumer, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing. Even if you do not comply with this request, it shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.
(3) If a characteristic of the goods deviates from the objective requirements, the deviation shall only be deemed to be agreed if you were informed of the same by us before submitting the contractual declaration and the deviation was expressly and separately agreed between the contracting parties.
§ 7 Choice of law, place of fulfilment, jurisdiction
(1) German law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-doubt principle).
(2) If you are not a consumer, but a businessman, a legal entity under public law or an institutional fund governed by public law, our place of business is the place of jurisdiction as well as the place of fulfilment for all services that follow from the business relationships that exist with us. The same condition applies to situations in which you are not associated with a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU, as well as situations in which the place of residence or the usual place of residence is not known at the time of commencement of proceedings. This has no bearing on the capacity to call upon the court associated with another place of jurisdiction.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
86899 Landsberg am Lech
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for the out-of-court resolution of disputes (ODR platform), which can be viewed under https://ec.europa.eu/odr.
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in accordance to the regulations "conclusion of the contract" in our standard business terms (part I.).
3. Contractual language, saving the text of the contract
3.1 Contract language shall be English.
3.2 The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online - shopping cart system the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
3.3 You will be sent all contractual information within the framework of a binding offer in written form, via E-mail for example, for quotation requests outside of the online shopping basket system, which can be printed out or saved electronically in a secure manner.
4. Codes of conduct
4.1 We have subjected ourselves to the quality criteria of Trusted Shops GmbH, which can be viewed at:
5. Main features of the product or service
The key features of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective quote.
6. Prices and payment arrangements
6.1 The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components, including all the incidental taxes.
6.2 The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be viewed by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote, are shown separately over the course of the order transaction and must additionally be borne by you, insofar as free delivery is not confirmed.
6.3 If delivery is made to countries outside of the European Union, we may incur unreasonable additional costs, such as duties, taxes or money transfer fees (transfer or foreign exchange fees charged by the banks), which you must bear.
6.4 You must also bear the costs arising from money transfers in cases in which the delivery is made to an EU Member State, but the payment is initiated outside of the European Union.
6.5 The payment methods that are available to you are shown by clicking the appropriate button on our website or are disclosed in the respective quote.
6.6 Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded become payable immediately.
7. Delivery conditions
7.1 The delivery conditions, delivery date and existing supply restrictions, if applicable, can be found by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote.
7.2 If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated: The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
If you are a businessman, the delivery and shipping operations take place at your own risk.
8. Statutory warranty right
Liability for defects is governed by the “Warranty” provisions in our General Terms and Conditions of Business (Part I).
9. Contract duration / cancellation
Information on the contract term and the terms and conditions of termination can be found in the section “Contract term / Termination of subscription contracts” in our General Terms and Conditions of Business (Part I), and in the individual quotation.
These SBTs and customer details were created by the lawyers specialising in IT law who work for the Händlerbund, and are constantly checked for legal conformity. Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and assumes liability in case warnings are issued. More detailed information can be found on the following website: https://www.haendlerbund.de/
last update: 29.11.2022