Children's birthday party
Celebrate festivities as they fall!
How fondly we think back to a successful celebration, to Christmas when a Christmas carol is heard under the burning candles on the Christmas tree, to the warming fire and the steaming punch after the lantern procession, to balmy summer nights when the sun has set, to staying up late into the night or singing songs and roundels together, to the many children's birthdays, our own and those of friends. When we celebrate, experience festivities, moments arise that trigger a pleasant feeling in our chests and make children's eyes light up. Happy celebrations are nourishment for the soul, precious treasures from childhood. They are among the most formative moments in our lives.
Through the design of the room and the seasonal table, we bring the seasonal events into the home. In addition, nowadays there is an abundance of storytelling material, fairy tales, stories, songs and games. Suitable for every season and every celebration, e.g. for Easter, Whitsun, St. John's Day (summer solstice), Michaelmas, St. Martin's Day, Advent, Christmas and of course also for children's birthdays, we have put together a large selection of meaningful, aesthetic and pedagogically valuable products for you and your children on the following pages.
- Flutter butterflyAurich | flutter butterfly | colour depending on stock | from approx. 5 years | dimensions: 10 x 11 cmIn stockEUR 2.50 *
- Grimm`s picture holderGrimms | Grimm`s Picture HolderIn stockEUR 0.80 *
- Organic cotton bagmemo | bag made of organic cotton | bag made of 100 % organic cotton | bag for Advent calendar | Dimensions: H 14 cm x W 10 cmIn stockEUR 1.50 *
- Postcard Children's BirthdayJ. Ch. Mellinger Verlag | Postcard Children's Birthday | Perfect for birthday children or as invitation card | By Johanna Schneider | DIN A5In stockEUR 1.50 *
- Alder Wood Bowls Set of 3Drewex | Alder Wood Bowls Set of 3 | Alder Wood | Ø ca.19 cm, 16 cm, 13 cm Ø approx. 19 cm, 16 cm, 13 cmNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 20.00 *
- Wooden stamp animal tracksWooden Stamp Animal Tracks |In stockEUR 8.00 *
- Bird water pipesBartl | Bird whistles | Set of 1 or 4 | Bird whistle made of clay | Available in a pack of 1 or 4 | 7 x 3.5 x 5.5 cm Set of 1 or 4Not in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 2.00 *
- Pocket kiteSchildkröt | pocket kite | ready to fly | string L: 20 m | 32 x 45 cm 32 x 45 cm, cord 20 mIn stockEUR 10.00 *
- Birthday Candle in a GlassWagner Life Design | Birthday Candle in Glass | colourful colourfulIn stockEUR 13.00 *500 gram | EUR 26.00 / kilogram
- Surprise nutsStein Manufaktur | Surprise Nuts | Advent Calendar Walnut with semi-precious stoneIn stockEUR 12.50 *10 piece | EUR 1.25 / piece
- Sticker Card NatureWaldorf Child | Sticker Card Nature | Sticker | Ella Lapointe | 13 Stickers | DIN A6. Sticker card, Ella LapointeIn stockEUR 1.80 *
- Plasticine eraserPlasticine eraser | Neon colours | 4.2 x 3 x 0.7 cm | from 3 yrs. NeonIn stockEUR 1.00 *
- -10 %Crystal setLindner Crystal | Crystal SetIn stockRRP EUR 17.50EUR 15.75 *
- Colourful bookletsSedulus | Colourful exercise books | 10 pieces | Small exercise books for drawing and writing | 32 pages each | DIN A6 10 pieceNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 8.60 *1 Set
- Bird whistleEderna Verlag | Bird whistle | Chirping plate | Palate whistle | for imitating bird voices | 1 piece Chirping platesIn stockEUR 1.20 *
- My little painting schoolAtelier Ode Desjardins | My little painting school | Painting book for children | 10 painting instructions | for detailed painting from the surface Ode DesjardinsIn stockEUR 20.00 *
- Alder Wooden BowlDrewex | Wooden bowl made of alder | Ø 13,5 cm H 5 cm | Food safe oiled Ø 13,5 cm H 5 cmIn stockEUR 12.10 *
- Air Twister Set of 3Corvus | air twirler set of 3 | 3 air twirlers in a set | small present or gift for children's birthday parties | material: bamboo woodIn stockEUR 5.70 *
- Modelling clay, 1 kgModelling clay, 1 kg | Keraplast clay Keraplast clayIn stockEUR 7.70 *1 kilogram | EUR 7.70 / kilogram
- Inverted gyro rawBeck Wooden Toys | Reversing top rawNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 1.30 *
- Glow in the dark moonlight marblesmoses Verlag | Glowing Moonlight Marbles | Glass Marbles | Ages 3 and upIn stockEUR 4.00 *
- Kaleidoscope kitKarl Schubert Gemeinschaft | Kaleidoscope kit | fascinating kit | from 5 years | with accompanying booklet and instructionsIn stockEUR 13.70 *
The tradition of festivals
In earlier times, primitive peoples celebrated special events in the astronomical cycle of the year: the winter and summer solstices, when day and night are exactly the same length, the winter solstice, when the sun has reached its lowest point, and the summer solstice, when the sun has reached its highest point and the longest day is the shortest night of the year.
As the Christian religion spread more and more through the church, the missionaries took up these festivals and placed the Christian annual festivals that are still valid today close in time to these old festivals: Easter and Michaelmas are celebrated at the equinox, Christmas is celebrated at the winter solstice and St. John's Day at the summer solstice.
The original worship of nature has been replaced by the celebration of prescribed festivals of the church. The church fathers knew how much the celebration of festivals delights people and offers them an opportunity to escape from their everyday lives with fun.
Another celebration that we have not been celebrating for very long is the birthday. In the past, not much importance was attached to the birthday, but the name day was the greatest celebration of the individual. In certain Catholic countries, people still celebrate it this way, but in our country, especially for children, the birthday is the most beautiful celebration next to Christmas.
The children's birthday
A child's birthday in particular can be a wonderful, unforgettable celebration. There is so much excitement and anticipation in advance for the birthday child. In the best case, the parents and the family make an effort to celebrate the child in its uniqueness and to give it the best day of the year. In some families, there are fixed traditions, such as a birthday cake and a gift for breakfast. In the afternoon, there is a celebration with the family and, soon after, a celebration with the birthday child's friends.
Of course, a child's birthday can also be celebrated spontaneously, but it will be a particularly successful child's birthday if you think about it in advance and involve the child in the preparations: who should be invited to the birthday party and how many can come, invitations can be made, games can be thought of that can be exciting, exciting but also quiet, when should the party begin, how many hours should it last, is there a gift for the guests, a treasure hunt, what kind of food should there be, the child can also help to bake the cake. In this way, such a child's birthday can become a wonderful experience.
In kindergarten, children's birthdays are also celebrated in a special way. A song is sung, a birthday story is told which, although it has been heard so many times before, is still exciting for the birthday child because it is now being told just for him or her. And here, too, the birthday child receives a small gift.
What do we adults associate with celebrations? Fun, good food, presents, funny moments and also festive ones - the day should be perfect, stand out from our everyday life and remain in our memories for a long time!
Celebrating festivals is also part of the everyday life of Waldorf kindergartens and Waldorf schools. In the kindergarten there is a custom or even several for each festival: at Easter it is painting eggs and sowing Easter grass; at Whitsun white doves are created and given to the children to take home, at St. John's Day, the midsummer festival on the longest day of the year, a big fire is lit over which the very brave children can jump and also at Michaelmas the fire has a special place, for example when a wandering blacksmith is invited and of course lots of tests of courage find their place here, at St. Martin's Day lanterns are made and accompanied by lantern songs the children parade through the streets with their parents and the educators, in Advent time there is baking, candles are drawn and little presents are made.
The classic festivals that we celebrate at home in the family are Easter and Christmas. On Christmas Eve, the children's eyes light up and when everyone has gathered around the table full of delicious culinary delights, the children can hardly wait to finally unwrap their Christmas presents that are already waiting for them under the Christmas tree.