When children play, they educate themselves! Through play, children process experiences, acquire skills and abilities that they need here in the world and work their way into their bodies. The toys we give children for this purpose are crucial! Toys such as board games, card games and learning games become more and more interesting as the 2nd year approaches. That is why Waldorfshop offers a large selection of toys that are educationally valuable - in the sense of Waldorf education. Feel free to browse and discover classic games and new games in our online shop!
- Goki | The Magic ThrowIn stockEUR 3.50 *
- Goki | Pantomine in the Tin DosNot in stockEUR 11.00 *
- -17 %
- -8 %Goki | Inlay Puzzle Great Barrier ReeIn stockRRP EUR 12.00EUR 11.05 *
- A modern strategy game A modern strategy game A modern strategy gameIn stockEUR 28.30 *
- Goki | The Cross | Mind gameIn stockEUR 3.50 *
- Goki | Farm animal cube puzzleIn stockEUR 9.50 *
- -4 %
The rule game
All parlour games, card games, board games, games with dice, quizzes, etc. follow certain predetermined rules and are therefore called rule games. From the age of 5, these become increasingly exciting for children.
9 Advantages and development opportunities through rule games
- Games with rules promote the integration of the individual into the community.
- Since parlour games are played into old age, this is often the game where generations can find each other and get into playing together.
- Through the structure of most games, children learn logical thinking and through the themes of the games they acquire knowledge.
- For the personality development of children, the development of frustration tolerance is enormously important. This is practised when losing during play.
- The rules of the game, winning and losing are a great training ground for social sensitivity. For this, however, it is important that the children are not too young. From the 2nd seven years onwards, the child is able to learn primarily in terms of social processes.
- The children's ability to concentrate improves when they learn and adhere to the rules of the game and when they wait their turn.
- There are many board games that are structured in such a way that the children's dexterity is promoted.
- By placing figures, throwing dice, etc., hand-eye coordination is trained.
- Mathematical and letter comprehension is initially promoted by dice games and card games, for example.
There is an unmanageable mass of different games on the toy market. The decisive question here is:
What values do we want to convey with the games?
In Waldorfshop we have made a pre-selection for you and your children. Each game enables your children to develop in the above-mentioned way, while we also pay attention to the aesthetic aspects in the sense of Waldorf education, just as it is important to us that the games are produced as ecologically as possible. And of course the joy and fun of playing together should not be neglected!
5 tips for educationally valuable toys
- Toys made of natural materials, such as wooden toys for natural, environmentally conscious play.
- Natural colours and shapes for your child's sensory care.
- Eco and organic toys for the child's health and for the sake of the environment.
- The right toy for the right age of child
- Free-range toys to strengthen your child's imaginative powers
Feel free to browse our extensive toy assortment online and discover the right wooden toys and the best board games for you, your children and the whole family!