Game & Sport
"Our limbs are to a great extent spiritual, and it is they that wear out our body when they move. And the body is dependent on developing in itself that to which the human being is actually predisposed from birth. If the limbs move too little, or if they do not move appropriately, then they do not wear out the body enough." Rudolf Steiner
Movement is part of the human being, movement and motor skills are an important basis for many other aspects of human development. The further developmental steps of the child are built on the motor development of the child. It is therefore also decisive for the cognitive development of the child. For this reason, in addition to classic wooden toys, we also have many toys in our large selection at Waldorfshop that are suitable for movement games.
- Hula Hoop WoodPedalo | Hula Hoop Wood | Gymnastics Hoop | Ø 60, Ø 70, Ø 80 cm Gymnastics hoopsNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 16.00 *
- Balsa plane kitCorvus | Balsa wood aeroplane kit | From 8 years | Wing span 17 cmNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 6.80 *
- -38 %Diving ringDipping ring | Ø 18 cm | 130 g | Colour depending on stock Ø 18 cmIn stockRRP EUR 4.00EUR 2.50 *
- Mini Butterfly Kitemoses. publisher | mini butterfly dragonIn stockEUR 2.50 *
- Arrow for junior bowVah | Arrow for junior bow | Suitable for junior bow | 1 piece | 46 cm with suction cupIn stockEUR 3.00 *
- Skipping rope with reinforced centreSport Tec | Skipping Rope with Reinforced CentreIn stockEUR 6.50 *2.8 meter | EUR 2.32 / meter
- Pocket kiteSchildkröt | pocket kite | ready to fly | string L: 20 m | 32 x 45 cm 32 x 45 cm, cord 20 mIn stockEUR 10.00 *
- Skipping rope with wooden handles to screw onGoki | Skipping rope with wooden handles to screw onIn stockEUR 4.90 *2.4 meter | EUR 2.04 / meter
- Junior bow with 3 arrowsVah | junior bow with 3 arrows | leather grip | L 100 cm | from 5 years L 100 cmIn stockEUR 30.00 *
- Steamship kit0 | Steamship kitIn stockEUR 4.50 *
- Rubber throwing discBallaballa | Rubber Throwing DiscIn stockEUR 3.90 *
- -34 %Classic Jabbit -throwing and catching gameMTS | Classic Jabbit -throwing and catching gameIn stockRRP EUR 30.00EUR 19.95 *
- -20 %Slackers Combi SetMTS | Slackers Combi-Set | 8-pcs | 11 m slackline | 14 eyelets, 2 each gymnastic rings, trapeze bars and rope knots | up to 113 kg 8-pcsIn stockRRP EUR 99.50EUR 80.00 *
- -20 %Natural leisure shuttlecocks with cork baseNatural leisure shuttlecocks with cork base | 3s | coloured | Schildkröt 3 cans, mixed coloursIn stockRRP EUR 5.00EUR 4.00 *
- Craft Set Soap BubblesBubbelLab | Soap Bubbles Craft Set | Set: 2 sticks, 1 rope & powder for 5 litres of bubble liquidNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 15.10 *
- My first boomerang, set of 4TicToys | My First Boomerang, Set of 4Not in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 5.00 *
- Pocket swingHape | Pocket Swing | made from textile TextileIn stockEUR 25.60 *
- -21 %Skipping Rope with Red HandleGlückskäfer | Skipping Rope with Red Handle | made of Cotton CottonIn stockRRP EUR 19.00EUR 15.00 *2.5 meter | EUR 6.00 / meter
- Basket cable carCrawl | Basket Rope | Basic Box | Kit | 10 m Cord Basic boxIn stockEUR 27.70 *
- Ring throwing game RingGoHelga Kreft | Ring throwing game RingGoNot in stock, approx. 1-4 weeksEUR 38.30 *
- -25 %Stilts without handleGlückskäfer | Stilts without handle | 150 cm 150 cmIn stockRRP EUR 59.70EUR 44.77 *
- Rubber mittsGoki | Gummitwist | 490 cm | Colour depending on stock 490 cmIn stockEUR 3.50 *
The motor development of the child
The development of the child's movements already begins during pregnancy. Most movements after birth are based on the child's reflexes, which are essential for survival. Over time, the child takes hold of its movements in an increasingly conscious and guided way.
Walking - Talking - Thinking
The development of movement helps the child to grasp its environment. Through motor development, the child is able to grasp itself and space. One of the most important developmental steps in the first 3 years of a person's life is the development of the upright gait. This frees the hands and fine motor skills can be developed. Building on this, the other milestones of the first 3 years can then be grasped: learning to speak and think. The time it takes each child to climb these milestones is very individual; however, the order is not!
As the child gets older, he or she takes up the basic forms of sporting movement:
These basic forms are then found in a wide variety of movement games and sporting skills:
Skills and competences that children can develop through play & sport
Follow-up and action skills
Gross motor skills
Fine motor skills
Sport and play in Waldorf education
In addition to eurythmy, the Waldorf kindergarten offers a wide range of other movement activities for the children. The main task in the first seven years is to provide space and opportunity for the lower senses, the so-called will senses of the children, to develop healthily. These senses are
Sense of touch
Sense of life
Sense of movement
sense of balance
Therefore, in the Waldorf kindergarten, a lot of emphasis is placed on the round dance, movement games and finger games.
In our online shop you will find in the category Play & Sport different skipping ropes in different lengths and with different handles, throwing rings and balls for throwing games, a roller board for balance exercises as well as slacklines with accessories for balancing.
In the first classes at the Waldorf School, the sports lessons are not so much about training, fitness or the like, but about the pupils experiencing the joy of movement in imaginative play.
This is where rounds, movement games, dances, games of catch and games of skill such as stilt walking, ball throwing, balancing and rope skipping take place.
At Waldorfshop, we have rubber mitts, stilts, kites, everything to do with "horse play", hula hoops, boomerangs, frisbee and rubber throwing discs as well as diving rings.
As the children get older, team games such as football, fireball, catching games etc., competitions and everything to do with the circus become more and more interesting.
We also have an educationally valuable selection of toys for out doors and indoors on offer online: a gymnastic band, bow and arrow, ring toss games, diabolos, rola bolas, juggling balls, spears and much more.